Chico and Styro had fun installing and improving all the entertainment systems at Wiser Times.
First they replaced the used CD player Chuck purchased on eBay for $15 with a brand new Sony model. After playing about three CDs, the $15 player would cause static noise in the speakers. That was unacceptable so Chuck sprang for the brand new player.
Next, they tackled the van entertainment system.
(Background story -- we had a break-in several months ago and the thieves tried to steal our flip down TV monitor. They must have gotten interrupted because it was left partially hanging from the ceiling. It still worked okay but they cracked it and it needed to be remounted into the ceiling so we made an insurance claim. The auto dealer was unable to replace it because that particular model flip down system is no longer made. However, I found something on eBay which I was led to believe by the local mobile entertainment shop "would work just fine." After we had it installed, we discovered it was unsatisfactory. It only worked with the DVD player and only with the wireless headphones. We used to be able to watch tapes on the van's VCR as well as DVDs in its DVD player. Plus we used plug-in headphones. And to top it off, the new monitor jiggled while the van was in motion. It was a terrible replacement. We wanted our old system back but I knew the insurance company wouldn't pay a second time to reinstall the old one. That's where Jim and Chuck came in.) They took out the monitor we didn't like and rewired the original one back in. They reattached it to the van ceiling and now we're back in business just like before!

Finally, really feeling their oats by now, (perhaps those Manhattans helped them along, too) they upgraded how the speakers integrate with the center that powers the TV, CD player, DVD player, and stereo system. They also added more power strips and reorganized the rat's nest of wires that existed previously.
All in all, a good day for the Wiser Times' entertainment systems.
3 comments:
the font for the background story is a little too small
Thanks, I fixed it.
After seeing the title, I literally read that post with my hands over my eyes, peeking through my fingers :-)
Sounds like my kind of day, glad everything worked out. Or as we say in the biz, I'm glad you didn't let the smoke out. Nothing works without the smoke.
I've let the smoke out plenty of times. Which is why I'm now writing code :-)
Post a Comment