Monday, August 31, 2009

Blast from the Past

My brother Dave and I have decided to scan all of our parents' old pictures and slides into digital format. That way we can each have copies and they will be more likely to be preserved. He has done some already and sent them to me. Here are some of my favorites. There will definitely be more to come when we get together in a few weeks to work more on the project.

1969 in our backyard -- I would be 15 going on 16. David just graduated from U-M and was heading off to his first job in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Dad is holding our dog Tiny.







Next set was taken at Ipperwash in 1974. I would have been 20 going on 21.





And, finally, some shots of Ipperwash in 1973 after the big storm which washed away all of our front yards. We all had to build cement sea walls to keep the erosion from getting any worse.





Look at Reedholme! They later moved their cottage farther back on their lot.


Seigner's -- a beachfront store that got washed into the lake as well as a shot down the beach showing other cottages that got completely washed away.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I never thought I looked much like the LeRoy side of the family, but I think I look way more like mom than I ever realized...weird!!!

Sara said...

Love these! Can't wait to see more!