Friday, November 18, 2011

House Redecorations

    
From August until mid-November, we've been working on redecorating our whole upstairs.  It's FINALLY finished.  We completed everything just in time for our guests last weekend.

BEDROOM

We totally redid our bedroom -- removed wallpaper, repainted, recarpeted and got all new furniture. It's the first new bedroom furniture we've ever had in the 30+ years we've been married.

Before

After

 
After

Before

After

BATHROOM OFF OUR BEDROOM
We also removed the wallpaper in the bathroom off our bedroom, repainted it and replaced the sink.
Old sink

New sink

 DURING WALLPAPER REMOVAL


FINISHED PRODUCT


GUEST ROOM

Then, we made Cathy's old room into a guest room.  After she moved out, it had become a catch-all junk room.  We used our old bedroom furniture in that room.

BEFORE

AFTER


HALF BATH

We also gutted the half bath in the second floor. We put in a new counter, all new fixtures and carpeting.

BEFORE




AFTER



FIRST FLOOR BATHROOM
And then because we felt we didn't have enough to do already, Chuck talked me into doing the main floor bathroom, too. I took down the old wallpaper and painted the walls.


BEFORE

AFTER

3 comments:

Sara said...

Wow seeing the before pictures - you guys did SO much work! Your bedroom looks fantastic and I can vouch for the awesomeness of the guest room. That is one cozy room - best naps ever!

Nancy said...

Thanks! Having your napping "stamp of approval" means a lot!

Cathy said...

I miss my old room but I have to admit I do like the new guest room. And I know if Sara gives her "nap stamp of approval" it must be good!