Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Avon Rae visit

Last weekend, Dave and Barbara hosted us at Avon Rae. Here's some shots for those of you interested in the latest at Ipperwash.

Views from inside the porch:

Views from the front deck:

Views at the back:



Views from the beach:


Christy and Chuck went swimming:

And, of course, we had Barbara's wonderful meals (including local corn that was out of this world)

Yes, we miss the old place. But I can say unequivocally that we do NOT miss crossing the border!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Looks like so much fun - I miss the beach! Traffic makes me angry.

Cathy said...

I wish I could have gone this year! That border is nothing compared to the toll lines I waited in this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I ache for that place.
It may sound odd, but for me the Burk cottage was the embodiment of summer. Only two other places since have had the same feel - where the interior was just an enclosed extension of the outside (one at a hostel outside Prague, one in boston)

I had to go the farmers market a sunday or two to get cheese bread (for cheese toast) to console myself.

I hope it was as wonderful as I remember it.