Yesterday, Chuck and I left Cathy's and drove to Hilton Head Island. This morning we took a walk on the beach. (Since I left my camera in Grosse Pointe, and despite my criticism of Chuck's camera in the past, it was very gracious of him to lend me his to document our beach walk today :-)
Here's the view walking toward the beach...
It was low tide, so the beach was HUGE. At high tide, the water would be up to the twigs in the left-most picture.
The houses on the shore are also huge.
There are little "blow holes" all over the beach -- I imagine there are some little creatures living down in the sand and that's their source of oxygen.
I even walked in the ocean -- it was really warm.
Later, we had lunch at "Up the Creek Pub" on the shore of the Broad Creek which is on the inland part of the island. Here's some shots from our table out on the deck. It was still low tide; when it's high tide, the water would be up to the bottom of the piers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice beach! Those "blow hole" things are so cool looking! I wonder what is down there??
Post a Comment