Saturday, May 23, 2009

No Wonder I Can't Get Anything Done Up Here

We're at Wiser Times for the holiday weekend. Since the weather is a little overcast right now, I thought I would get a few things done on my computer that I have been putting off. So, I set up my laptop inside on a table facing the lake because it's such a lovely view. The problem is, though, I keep getting distracted by all the birds coming to the feeders. There was so much traffic and such a wide variety of different birds that I decided to document them all in pictures. Now you'll be able to see why I end up spending hours and hours just gazing out the window rather than accomplishing anything productive.


Hummingbird


Tufted Titmouse (or is it Titmice? cuz there's two)


White-breasted nuthatch


Red-breasted nuthatch (on the railing)


Chickadee


Red-winged blackbird


Goldfinch


Baltimore Oriole


Cardinal


Hairy woodpecker Downy woodpecker

I also saw Robins, a Brown Creeper, and Mourning Doves, but I wasn't able to get their pictures. Out in the lake were terns dive-bombing for fish as well as geese. (no, the terns weren't dive-bombing the geese)

2 comments:

unmitigated me said...

Pssh. What's to get done? Thanks for the views. I'm needing them right now. Also, that goldfinch looks like he's complaining to the management of the joint.

gpcharles said...

Yo baby. What's to get done is right. Today it is educating Chico about blog commenting and asking him what has been his problem. But now I'm up and running, and about to join the crowd. And about the finch, he needs to work on his people skills :-)