Sunday, September 27, 2009

♪ ♫ I've Got Two Tickets to Paradise... ♪ ♫

***

(Actually, it was four tickets...)

Robyn, Dave, Chuck and I flew to Hawaii Friday. What a LONG day it was. (I know I won't get much sympathy from any of you reading this, but it really WAS).

We took three separate flights -- Detroit to Dallas, Dallas to LA, and LA to Kailua-Kona. (when you fly for FREE on airline points, you take what they give you!!)

We left the house at 9:00 am Friday and finally checked into our condo on the Big Island at 4:30 am Saturday (10:30 pm Friday Hawaii time).

But, it all was worth it to wake up to this:


View of the Pacific from our townhouse (it's built on black lava rock)



Here's a couple more shots of our place.


After a leisurely breakfast, Chuck and Dave played tennis. Then we had lunch in town at a fun open-air restaurant across the street from the ocean:



After shopping for groceries, we swam in the pool (check out the gorgeous Banyan tree in first picture)




and then had happy hour back at the condo.



Not a bad way to spend the day recovering from jet lag!

I'll keep posting more as our trip progresses.

3 comments:

unmitigated me said...

Too bad you aren't having any fun! All the restaurants are open-air. You can never tell if you are inside or outside in Hawaii.

Jim Styro said...

Now that's what I call "Happy Hour"! Hope you guys continue to have a great time. I must go to NYC Monday morning - but they have so little black lava there.

Cathy said...

nice balcony/patio area, it looks huge! I am very jealous!