Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Raspberries !

The yard next door to Wiser Times is quite overgrown and neglected.  The owners never come up.  Other than having a lawn service cut the grass, they pretty much leave the place to fend for itself.

I noticed in amongst the weeds and vines were raspberry bushes!  So, I've been cutting the grapevines down to allow the sun to get in to see what would happen to the raspberry bushes.  Well, it's paid off as "we" now have raspberries whenever we want them.

Here is what they used to look like.  (a section that I have not cut the vines away from)



Here is what they look like now since I've been keeping the vines under control.


2 comments:

unmitigated me said...

I'm sure the local birds are not too happy you are poaching their supply!

Cathy said...

i love the raspberries! wish I could pick them outside my door every day!