Last week, we were at Hilton Head Island, S.C. It's a beautiful place -- very different from anywhere else. Driving along the highway to get to this barrier island, you cross tidal creeks winding through endless marshes. Once at the ocean, the beach is sugary-soft with gorgeous long grasses. This region is called "low country" because of all the marshes and water found in the area. And if you are a bird lover like me, this region is a superb spot.
We stayed at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort in the main "Live Oak Lodge." Our room was a corner one so we had a balcony that looked out two sides over an inland creek.
Here's a view from our room at low tide:
We had lunch at this restaurant along one of the many creeks and marshes in the area.
I love how the live oaks with spanish moss hanging from them shade the area. They provide a natural covering from the hot sun and serve to keep the area cool. Most of the roads look like this.
Later, back at the hotel, we strolled around the 'hood.
4 comments:
Those people in the pool are really brave if it was so cold!
Also, kudos on loading so many pictures...I get very impatient dealing with photos using blogger and usually quit after 2 or 3
Yeah, it takes forever to load all the photos. I've learned to do no more than 4 at a time. Otherwise, it times out and you have to repeat it.
Are you loading full sized pictures? I have to change them to a smaller size before uploading and it's not too bad.
All the pictures are gorgeous. Looks so relaxing!
yeah i load the full ones, that's probably why i get so frustrated...don't know why I didn't think about changing them to smaller, thats what I'll try to do now...good tip!
Post a Comment