Friday, February 19, 2010

More Blast From the Past

I've resumed the project of scanning my parents' old slides into digital format.

Here's where it all began -- some shots of my parents' wedding in June, 1942 -- London Hunt Club, London, Ontario. The complete set of slides were a wedding gift from one of my dad's friends. Slide film photography was a new technology at that time.




In the first picture below, on my dad's right is my Aunt Evelyn and on my mom's left is my Uncle Bill. The second picture is the whole wedding party with the addition of two of my dad's friends, Rupert Bell and John Engstrom.



Here's some of the earliest slide pictures of David and me in November 1960. Prior to this, we only have printed black and white pictures. (that will be another project to get all those scanned digitally...)

In these shots, my parents were taking pictures of us for a Christmas card. I would have been 7 and David 13.




Here's my 9th birthday in 1962. My Grandmother McKellar is on my right, my Aunt Jeanne on my left and my Aunt Inez on her left.



Here is me in summer 1963 -- still 9 years old at this point.



Here is a birthday party when I turned 10 later in October, 1963. The girls always put their party dresses on. In the second one, it looks like I'm opening up a Nancy Drew book. Everyone was so excited, they are all trying to grab it. Look at all the headbands -- I guess that was the fashion then.



Halloween 1963 -- I'm dressed as a flapper. The family dog "Tiny" is next to me.



Spring 1964 -- this was a neighbor from England. Her father worked for Ford and they were in the U.S. for a couple of years. Look at that old TV in the back!



David heading off to his senior prom in 1964. This could be a picture of his son Brian -- it's amazing how much they look alike!



Summer 1964



Here are some amazing shots of frozen Niagara Falls in the winter of 1964.






Here is a typical Easter morning -- we always got all dressed up. This one was taken Easter 1966 -- I would have been 12; David 18. (He must have been home from college?) My poor dad is hardly in any shots -- he was always taking the pictures!



Here's another Easter -- 1968 at my cousins' house in Toronto. Lynne would be 15, Ann 11 and I would be 14. You can really tell it's the 60's by the clothing and hair.



Here's great shot of my mother, my aunt and my grandmother. Check out those hats!



Orchestra uniform for high school



High school graduation in 1971



Senior prom in 1971



That's it for now. Hope you enjoyed the show!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I love all of these pictures!! Nice hair on your prom date mom!

Tedo said...

Wow, I feel like I just took a stroll through Nick At Nite :-)

Great pics!

Linda said...

Nancy - these are great. Thanks for sharing. I love the "period" details! The prom boys look like deer caught in headlights, and you girls are smiling for the camera.