Sunday, May 8, 2011

Adventures in Grandparenting -- Day 5

Yesterday afternoon, we watched the Kentucky Derby as is our tradition.  It was even more exciting because the kids were in Vegas and Christy & Cathy were both betting on the race.  Cathy's horse, Midnight Interlude, did not finish anywhere near the top.  However, Christy bet on Animal Kingdom and she won !!!  For a $5 bet, she won $107.


Now is Day 5 of the Austin Adventure.  Once again, the kids went down well last night and slept all through the night. Cyrus woke up about 7 am this morning, but Leili slept in until about 8 am. She wasn't ready to come down for breakfast right away, preferring to play in her room for a while. She sort of grazed her way through breakfast this morning and right into lunch.

Grandma pulled out two Disney World puzzles from her bag of tricks because Leili was a little weepy this morning, missing her mommy. They were a good diversion and we had fun doing them. Because the puzzles are of Disney princesses, Leili decided to dress up as a princess, too. We had another tea party, this time served by "the princess."







The kids are both down for naps at the moment.  Ted & Sara are due home this evening, so we're in the "home stretch" now.  Chuck and I think we'll make it -- and hopefully, so will Cyrus and Leili. :-)

2 comments:

Cathy said...

aww so cute!! great job with all the blogging. My horse was terrible, I don't even know what place he finished. I recognize that tea set too!!

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing your grandparenting excitement. I just read all five days. Can't wait for grandkids of my own. Though not sure whether I want them for five straight days without their parents!