Thursday, April 23, 2009

And Now For Something Completely Different...

You all think I've been doing nothing but painting for the last month, right? But, we took advantage of the nice weather last weekend and did some outside work, too.

Out with the old --



And in with the new --



We love our neighbor's front yard -- see the first picture

Chuck wants it known that he knows how to use power tools so he asked that this picture be posted on the blog, too.



Plus, I planted some vegetables in my cool new self-watering planter. I also planted a tomato plant in the upside down planter that Ted & Sara gave me for Christmas.



Yay spring!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

they make self-watering planters? I need that because i am gone so much, I didn't know it was an option!

Nancy said...

Yup! There's a bunch here at Gardener's Supply Co.

Jim Styro said...

You know this flaunting of your industrious nature is really starting to cheese me off. Couldn't you - just once - post a picture of yourself watching Opra with some cheesy puffs and a Manhattan?!

OK, seriously - it does look great. But keep a close eye on that guy with the power tools. I know him - and he's an accident looking for a place to happen.

Nancy said...

Don't worry; my industrious phase ends on the day of our annual picnic. Then, believe me, it's hammock time for the rest of the summer!

And, yes -- I DO keep a close eye on the guy with the power tools.