No wonder it's taking me so long to finish our living room. I keep getting bogged down with unexpected surprises.
Today, I was working on replacing the baseboard registers. I dropped a screw down into the open hole. It sounded like it fell onto a shelf rather than going all the way down the vent so I reached in to see if I could retrieve it.
Have you ever put your hand down a furnace vent? I haven't. So, yes, there IS a shelf. And, yes, I DID find my dropped screw.
But I also found all of this stuff.
Some kid must have had a great time throwing all these little men down the vent. They were all on the shelf along with my dropped screw. They seem to be a combination of soldiers and space creatures! There is also a comb and a nail file and a piece of paper.
I'm fairly certain it wasn't MY kids who did this because the objects look quite old. (Ted? Christy? Cathy? Any confessions you want to make?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Maybe the legos could be blamed on your kids, but the rest? I think you better have those appraised!
I think those are from one of those home foundry toy kits. The flash gordon ones I found looked different, but maybe starship troopers?
I think they pre-date "Starship Troopers." These are more like 1950's or 60's characters.
that is so cool!!! It's like a hidden treasure. Wasn't me though
LEGOS!!!!!! That would be Ted's department. BTW I have truely enjoyed reading about your project.
Hi Jamie,
Thanks for the nice comment. And, yes, I agree the Legos would be Ted's department. Hmmmm....
Heinlein wrote Starship Troopers in the early 50s. I was thinking of the comic, not the movie. Now I'm thinking of Buck Rogers (the original).
Don't look at me, I was way too anal about keeping my Legos sorted and accounted for to be shoving them through the register.
That comb gives me the willies....
P.S. Upon further inspection, those appear to be some sort of Lego knock-off, and I was far too much of a Lego snob to waste time on anything but the real thing....
Post a Comment