Sunday, April 12, 2009

Just Call Me Eldin

Remember Eldin Bernecky from the TV show Murphy Brown? He was the quirky, philosophy-spouting house painter played by Robert Pastorelli who spent day and night trying to finish redecorating Murphy's living room -- a job he still hadn't entirely completed when he left the series in season seven. Well, that's who I feel like these days.

After endlessly patching holes and cracks, sanding and washing all the walls, I FINALLY put a primer coat on yesterday. Here's some "before" and "after" shots to show my progress.



Happy Easter everyone!

6 comments:

unmitigated me said...

Is THAT what retirement is like? What color are we going with? Are you repainting the fireplace brick? Have I had too much coffee this morning?

Nancy said...

Yes, top secret, yes and yes.

Jim Styro said...

Do you have to be productive when you retire? Or is this just some sort of weird personal choice you've made?
['Cause lazy is looking really good to me right now.]
Hope all the Burks had a great Easter.

LittleChickadee.com said...

I am either extremely productive or extremely lazy. Usually there is no in-between with me. This time of year, (pre-picnic house prep) happens to be productive season. Just watch me later this summer if you want to see lazy.

Cathy said...

lookin good mom, keep up the good work!

Sara said...

Wow! So much work but it's going to look so wonderful! I can't wait to see the final results. I'm the same way with being really productive or lazy. Seeing all your work with the living room is making me feel very lazy.