http://burk-family.blogspot.com/2010/08/live-blogging-gazebo-project.html
Tues the 17th
I didn't publish pictures throughout the day today. They worked on tedious detail work and the change was very incremental. Here's how it looked this morning:
Here's how it looks in the late afternoon:
Here are some detail shots that show examples of what I mean.
| 1st |
| 2nd |
| 3rd |
before |
after |
I have no idea how much longer this will take to complete! The builder told me he would be starting some staining and possibly some shingle work tomorrow. He said he and his son (his helper) are really enjoying this project. He said it's been a lot of fun and I can see they are taking great pride in their work.
Good thing the weather has been cooperating!
Wed the 18th
Yesterday, we got a new water softener. Wow! What a huge difference it makes in the quality of our water here. It's wonderful. No more hauling water from home! My family wants to see it (I'm the only one here this week) so they've asked me to post pictures.
| out with the old |
| in with the new! |
And as long as I'm off the subject of this post, I thought I'd show you some pictures from this morning.
You're welcome.
Now back to our regularly scheduled program....
Once again, they worked tirelessly all day completing the cedar work. Lots of measuring, sawing, and nailing all the individual boards to cover all the surfaces. They also framed in the door.
Late today, he stained the boards near the roof.
Tomorrow, he said he will do the shingles.
Here's some views of how it looks at the end of today.
No comments:
Post a Comment