This morning I noticed that the deck underneath the hummingbird feeder was all sticky. It seemed as if the nectar in the feeder had leaked a lot all over the deck. I examined the feeder but did not see where or how it was leaking. Then, I noticed some little footprints leading away from the sticky area.
And one of the pieces from a feeding station was down on the deck.
Right then, it hit me. Raccoon !!! That little stinker must have somehow climbed up the window frame in order to try to drink the sweet nectar from the hanging feeder. In so doing, he managed to make the sticky mess on the deck as well as remove the yellow piece from within one of the feeding stations. But how he did that is amazing since the bottom of the feeder is five feet from the deck and there is nothing for him to stand on.
I did see more marks that could be footprints on the side of the house underneath the feeder, though.
I'm still amazed that he got to the feeder up so high. I wonder if he'll be back again tonight?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hmmm. Maybe it was a team effort? Your racoon seems to be an experienced second-story man.
Post a Comment