Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sweet fragrance in the air...

The lilacs are out at Wiser Times! They usually bloom up here around Memorial Day. But this spring, it's been cooler longer than usual which has delayed a lot of the flowers. They are at their peak at the moment so I took some shots. I wish you could smell the beautiful scent which permeates the air. It's heavenly.

Enjoy!



The irises are about to pop -- maybe if it's warm over the next few days I'll be able to show those in bloom, too.



Finally, a bonus shot that has nothing to do with this post's topic -- a freighter out on the lake -- I'm looking forward to seeing many more of those this summer!


2 comments:

Jim Styro said...

Isn't it time you upgraded your blog with the "scratch 'n' sniff" plug-in?

Sara said...

Those are so pretty! I have some vases screaming for those flowers to come over.