That morning, I found the bird bath tipped over. I also noticed some of the irises were smashed down. That made me look closer. I discovered the shepherd's hook was badly bent -- probably from you hanging off it while stealing birdseed. And evidently, after jumping off the bird feeder, you jumped into my irises and damaged them. When I looked further, I realized both my oriole and hummingbird feeders were gone! I found the oriole feeder underneath a second shepherd's hook. The hummingbird feeder was around the corner on the ground. And BOTH WERE BROKEN -- I suppose you were going for the sweet nectar inside.
So I gave you one chance -- I didn't take any pictures, and I went and replaced all the broken stuff and restocked the feeders. When I got up yesterday, all was calm and in place so I thought we were cool.
But THIS morning, I find this!
I guess I'm going to have to pull out the big guns. (trouble is, I don't know what those might be, so don't tell Mr. Big Fat Racoon)
______________________________________
______________________________________
*The reason I know it was him is because the last time we were here, I was up in the middle of the night with Copper. I heard a commotion outside so turned on the front light. I saw a HUGE raccoon stealing from my bird feeders. He was the biggest raccoon I've ever seen -- I'm sure he was a raccoon because I saw the black mask on his face.
2 comments:
Good luck against the destructive raccoon...it would probably be hilarious to see him in action though
Please let me know if I need to bring weapons when I visit on
June 26.
Otherwise, my best bet will be a 3-wood.
Post a Comment