On Sunday, we snorkeled at a little park about a half block from our condo. The water was nice but we didn't see many fish.
As you can see, the sand and dirt in the area are all very brown. So much different than on the Big Island.
On Monday, we went snorkeling in Honolua Bay about a half hour drive north of where we are staying. It was beautiful. There is no sand beach there, but the water was calm and we saw lots of fish. (not as good as at Capt. Cook's monument, but nice anyway)
But in order to get to this beautiful spot, after parking the car, we had to first walk through some dense jungle-like areas. It was amazing. As we were walking, we could hear wild chickens in the woods! The roosters were cock-a-doodle-do-ing back and forth to each other. (In fact, every morning, about 5 am I can also hear roosters while laying in bed at our condo -- kind of a strange sensation.)
Once we got through that area, we arrived at the bay. It is a very popular place to go snorkeling. In fact, the boats you see are professional charters that take people out.
Once we got through that area, we arrived at the bay. It is a very popular place to go snorkeling. In fact, the boats you see are professional charters that take people out.
On Wednesday, we snorkeled out in front of our condo. We saw lots of fish -- more than in Honolua Bay. It was actually my second favorite place in terms of the quantity and variety of fish. We could also see lots of sea turtles out in the water right in front of our condo. Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures of the sea turtles. But here's what the water looked like. It was crystal clear!
2 comments:
Well, you may be lagging behind in posting about the trip - but you're not nearly as far behind as I am in reading about it. I need to take a vacation so that I can vicariously share in your vacation.
i want to go snorkeling! Maybe matt and I can do that in bermuda
Post a Comment